Peak Workforce Solutions
Supply Room Clerk
Receives, stores, and distributes stocks of office, medical, food, or other supplies according to unit needs; maintains inventory by checking shelves and reordering standard items as required. Ensures proper handling of perishable food products.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Maintains supply inventory; verifies inventory levels by checking shelves, notifies supervisor as to replacement needs or places orders as appropriate.
- Orders, receives, and stores supplies in warehouse or supply room.
- Reviews incoming order forms for proper coding, quantities requested, and authorized approvals; inspects and verifies supplies received against invoice and packing slip; initiates requests for vendor corrections.
- Locates stock and delivers requested items to authorized departments.
- Contacts approved vendors to reorder routine supplies; processes paperwork related to supply requests, including small purchase orders, purchase requisitions, and check requests.
- May maintain Material Safety Data Sheets (MSDS) associated with purchases of chemical products.
- Ensures customer satisfaction and positive rapport with vendors.
- Ensures proper care in the use and maintenance of equipment and supplies; promotes continuous improvement of workplace safety and environmental practices.
- Performs clerical duties related to maintaining stock inventories and stockroom; may operate a computer terminal and/or personal computer.
- May lead, guide, and train staff/student employees, interns, and/or volunteers performing related work; may participate in the recruitment of volunteers, as appropriate to the area of operation.
- Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
Minimum Job Requirements
- High school diploma or GED; at least 1 year of experience directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified.
- Completed degree(s) from an accredited institution that are above the minimum education requirement may be substituted for experience on a year for year basis.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required
- Knowledge of supplies, equipment, and/or services ordering and inventory control.
- Ability to receive, stock, and/or deliver goods.
- Skill in the use of personal computers and related software applications.
- Knowledge of customer service standards and procedures.
- Ability to receive, track, and distribute materials, supplies, and equipment.
- Ability to prepare routine administrative paperwork.
- Ability to read, understand, follow, and enforce safety procedures.