Peak Workforce Solutions
Welder/Fabricator # 9232
As a chemical plant welder/ mechanic you will obviously work as one of the a welder/mechanics in the chemical plant you must have a good safety record and put safety first. You must have at least 5 to 10 years’ experience and be willing to work night shift.
Night Shift most likely for a while
Willing to work long hours and weekends if necessary, willing to work rotating shift or work nights if requested.
Familiar with OSHA regulations – Hot Work, Confined Space, Lock-Tag-Try, Line Break, etc.
You must be able to work well with others, you must also be self-directed if needed.
· Has basic on-hands trouble-shooting skills
· Knowledge of work order
· Welder/ Mechanic Qualifications
· Good safety record
· Work nights if asked
· Use of basic millwright skills – setting equipment, etc.
· Use of pipe fitting skills – welded and screwed – can operate and pipe threading machine
· Use of basic equipment rigging skills
You must of courses have very strong tig, stick, and mig welding experience
· Steel plate and structural steel shapes – can use an acetylene torch and or a plasma torch
· Use of basic electrical skill
· Can use a multi-meter, ground tester, and possibly a megohmmeter
· Will operate – Forklifts, man lifts, boom truck (nice to have)
· Preventive Maintenance Systems
The following Skills would be nice to have but willing to train
- Rebuild centrifugal and gear pumps
- Change out pumps – align pump and motor. Wire motor
- Change out Mechanics seals on pumps and agitator mixers
- Rebuild mechanical seals
- Rebuild small gearboxes
- Work with vacuum pumps
· High School Diploma or GED
· 5 - 10 yrs experience in this filed
· Must be able to work well with others meet all of the above qualifications, responsibilities and job description
· Pass fit test
· Must be willing and able to work nights and a flex schedule if needed
$20.00 - $25.00 hourly