Peak Workforce Solutions
Maintenance Mechanic 9232
As a chemical plant maintenance tech with tig welder experience you will obviously work as one of the a mechanics in the chemical plant you must have a good safety record and put safety first. You must have at least 6 to 10 years’ experience and be willing to work night shift.
Exprctations and Qulafications
Familiar with OSHA regulations – Hot Work, Confined Space, Lock-Tag-Try, Line Break, etc.
You must be able to work well with others, you must also be self-directed if needed.
- Has basic on-hands trouble-shooting skills
- Knowledge of work order and Preventive Maintenance Systems
- Good safety record
- Work nights if asked
- Rebuild centrifugal and gear pumps
- Change out pumps – align pump and motor. Wire motor
- Change out Mechanics seals on pumps and agitator mixers
- Rebuild mechanical seals
- Rebuild small gearboxes
- Work with vacuum pumps
- Use of basic millwright skills – setting equipment, etc.
- Use of pipe fitting skills – welded and screwed – can operate and pipe threading machine
- Use of basic equipment rigging skills
Welding skills – stick, mig and tig welding
- Steel plate and structural steel shapes – can use an acetylene torch and or a plasma torch
- Use of basic electrical skill
- Can use a multi-meter, ground tester, and possibly a megohmmeter
- Will operate – Forklifts, man lifts, boom truck (nice to have)
- Preventive Maintenance Systems
- Welding skills – stick, mig and tig welding
- High School Diploma or GED
- 6 - 10 yrs experience in this filed
- Must be able to work well with others meet all of the above qualifications, responsibilities and job description
- Pass background and drug screen
- Pass fit test
- Must be willing and able to work nights and a flex schedule if needed
$24.00 - $25.00 hourly
We value pride, passion and performance and we are looking for choice individuals to serve the community in which we work. Join us!